Monthly donors…we all want more of them. Today we’re going to hear how Greenpeace Canada uses a simple email strategy to grow monthly giving. And the good news is: you can do this, too!
Greenpeace Canada focuses on using open and honest emails as a core strategy to ask people who have signed petitions to consider becoming a monthly donor. And in just two years, they’ve grown monthly giving by over 330%, which is amazing.
To tell us how they did it, we’re talking to Miriam Wilson, who leads digital fundraising and donor engagement at Greenpeace Canada.
This is a really practical conversation, and I hope you leave encouraged by the fact that there is a low cost strategy to grow your monthly giving that nonprofits of any size can implement at any time.
Today we’ll cover:
- [2:40] – How email conversions compare to other channels
- [7:55] – Greenpeace’s schedule for asking for monthly donors via email
- [13:44} – Greenpeace’s asking of prospects and first time givers
- [18:21] – Crafting an effective monthly giving offer
- 24:07] – Greenpeace’s 5 segments for email: strategy and segmentation
- [39:31] – Miriam’s encouragement for nonprofit fundraisers and leaders
You can find out more about Miriam and Greenpeace on her LinkedIn profile. Please consider subscribing to, rating, or sharing the BuildGood Podcast on your preferred platform. You can do that by clicking here.