We are witnessing the greatest transfer of wealth in human history. Is your nonprofit benefiting from it?
If you don’t have a strong planned giving program integrated into everything you do, chances are you’re leaving money on the table. You’re not serving your donors well. And you’re vulnerable to economic downturns and unexpected changes in revenue.
But it doesn’t have to be that way.
You can diversify your revenue streams and build a reliable pipeline of strategically planned gifts supported by fantastic donor stewardship — starting today. Make no mistake: planned giving isn’t just “someday” revenue.
More than just gifts in wills, planned gifts are revenue that can have an immediate impact on your organization.
To show you how, we chat with Paul Nazareth on today’s podcast.
Paul is the VP of Education and Development at the Canadian Association of Gift Planners. He’s a prolific speaker and writer on philanthropy who is often asked to be on national radio and TV to speak about creating a personal legacy through charity.
You’ll hear why planned giving isn’t working for most organizations, and how to fix it. And you’ll get helpful, easy tips your organization can implement today to improve your strategic and planned giving programs.
Today we’ll cover:
- [5:18] – What we mean when we use the term ‘planned giving’
- [7:29] – Why planned gifts are the biggest gifts your donors will make, but remain the least focused-on aspect of fundraising
- [9:58] – How you can communicate the importance of planned giving to your board and others who have not traditionally focused on it
[11:28] – The effect COVID-19 has had on wills and planned giving
- [17:51] – How to help a younger audience understand that legacy giving starts in their lifetime, not just when they pass away
- [20:39] – How soon an organization can expect reliable income from a planned giving program
- [23:02] – Practical tips on how to get started in procuring new planned giving donations
- [26:07] – Practical tips for those who have already been involved with planned giving but want to take it to the next level
- [29:31] – How to steward donors who have committed to giving a legacy gift
- [33:21] – Integrating planned giving into your budget
Join in our mission to help others build good in the world by rating and sharing this podcast on all major platforms. You can do that by clicking here.